- School Info
We Love It When You Are Here!
We love it when our OWLS come to school each day, and miss them when circumstances require that they miss a day. Please review the following information so you understand our attendance policies at Hidden Hills Elementary.
NOT GOING TO BE AT SCHOOL? Call the Attendance Line at (949) 495-4071
Provide the following information when leaving your message:
- The date(s) of the absence
- Your name (the person calling)
- Your child’s full name (spell the last name), Grade, and Teacher’s Name
- The reason for the absence
- Absences can only be excused within 72 hours (If we have not received a call within 72 hours, the absence will be marked as unexcused).
- If your child will be absent for 3 - 14 consecutive school days, you can request an Independent Study Contract (you will need to give the front office a minimum of 5 days notice).
- An illness, funeral, or a doctor's appointment will be considered an excused absence. However, if your child has a doctor's appointment, please have them attend school for as much time as possible.
Click HERE to get more information on when you should keep your child home due to an illness, and when you should send them to school. Click HERE to view CUSD COVID-19 student protocols for 2023-2024.
WHY ATTENDANCE MATTERS:
Did You Know?
- Missing just 2 days a month of school for any reason over the school year can make it harder to learn how to read
- Students that are chronically absent in kindergarten and 1st grade are much less likely to read at grade level by 3rd grade
- Students who cannot read at grade level by the end of 3rd grade are 4 times more likely than their peers who can read at grade level to drop out of high school
We care about your child and are here to help improve attendance. Click HERE to send an email to the School Counselor, Jennifer Hatfield, for additional support if your child is struggling with coming to school.